13 Bad Foods When You Want To Burn Fat
When you are trying to lose weight, and lose that extra body fat there are certain foods that you should avoid at all costs. 13 Bad Foods When You Want To Burn Fat.
Beyond the obvious selections of sweets and French fries, there are other culprits that can easily sabotage your efforts and undo any workouts that you undertake. Some may actually surprise you.
While a healthy balanced diet that is filled with whole foods, meaning, those that are unprocessed and eaten in their natural state are the best choices for effective and lasting weight loss, other foods, such as, those that are processed hold little or no nutritional value and typically turn straight into fat in the body.
They can also quickly undo the positive effects of working out because they are so high in calories.
Here are some of the worst foods to eat, when losing weight or simply for good health.
• White Bread – White bread is high on the glycemic index, high in calories and low in nutrition. It is made from processed grains that are stripped of their nutrients. Conversely, whole grains that are used to make whole wheat bread are not stripped of their full nutritional value in processing and are so much better for health.
Also, they have higher amounts of fiber, which, keeps you full longer and supports success in weight loss. By the way, the same goes for white rice and white pasta. Choose whole grains for all your starch foods and eat them in small portions. Quinoa is a wonderful whole-grain side dish.
• Dried Fruits – Dried fruits are made by removing water from fresh versions, and this results in a smaller piece of fruit with a higher concentration of sugar. Because they are much smaller people tend to eat a lot more, and so they ingest a lot of unnecessary calories and sugar. Stick with fresh fruit, it is much better for weight loss.
• Pre-Made/Store Prepared Salads – Salad is really healthy, right? Sure, but, many of the pre-made varieties add bacon, croutons, raisins, and other toppings, plus rich creamy dressings that can quickly turn a 200 calorie salad into one that goes over 700. Olive oil and vinegar is a good replacement for cream dressings, skip all the extra toppings, and stick with vegetables only.
• Diet Soda – The ingredients used to replace sugar in diet soda can be just as bad for you as the sugar used in the first place. Artificial sweeteners in mass amounts can actually become insulin triggers, and an increase of insulin in the body causes the body to store fat. Stick with plain tea, water, and green tea.
• Ice Cream – Ice cream is high in sugar, fat, and calories and like the other foods has no nutritional value. Stick to fruit or a lower calorie dessert if your sweet tooth comes calling. Nonfat Greek yogurt with fresh fruit is a good choice.
• Pizza – The average slice of cheese pizza has about 250 calories. Adding toppings can bring the calorie count up to 500 or more. Just because the initial ingredients look healthy, doesn’t mean that the final product will turn out the same way. Also, most people will not stop at one slice.
A good alternative to pizza is to substitute the crust with Portobello mushrooms, spread the sauce, add some cheese and veggie toppings, delicious, nutritious, and support fat loss.
• Fried foods – Deep-fried foods are tasty, but, they contain more fat and the more fat food has the more calories it will have and so they can really hurt your fat-burning abilities. Stay away from deep-fried potatoes, fried chicken, fried fish, and doughnuts.
• Deep Fried Chicken – This is especially bad because frying takes a healthy protein and turns it into food very high in calories and fat.
• Doughnuts – Donuts are pretty much poison no matter how you look at it. They are highly destructive for heart health, and they have nothing, but, fat and sugar calories, and provide zero nutrition. They will quickly raise glucose levels that will cause the body to store fat.
• High Fructose Corn Syrup – Found in soda, and many other processed foods, this artificial ingredient is not recommended by nutritionists or doctors and some experts believe it is at the root of the obesity epidemic.
• Canned Frosting – Canned frosting is one of the worst foods you can eat for weight loss and also for heart health. It is full of trans fats and is very high in sugar.
• Bagels – Bagels are extremely high on the glycemic index, which increases insulin production, causing an increase in appetite and cravings for unhealthy foods, as well, as fat production in the body. It is much better to have a whole-grain English muffin.
• Soda – One dietician points out that one can of soda is like drinking a glass of water with ten packets of sugar in it. Obviously, this is horrible for your body as sugar only turns to fat in the body.
Useful posts and links
5 Common Fat Loss Mistakes People Make – 10 Best Snacks For Burning Fat – 25 Tips To Lose Fat And Keep It Off – Anatomy of Body Fat And Its Impact On Health and Wellness – Belly Fat: Its Impact on Life Expectancy for Women and How to Get Rid of It – Fat Burning Tips for Men – Fat burning tips for women – Foods That Feed Muscle And Starve Fat
4 best diets for heart health – 4 Best Diets For Type 2 Diabetes – 6 Signs That You Are Addicted To Sugar – Can You Train Your Mind To Like Healthy Food? – Foods That Reduce Bone Density – type 2 diabetes – How The Paleo Diet Can Benefit You – How To Control Cravings For Sweets – Top 10 Key Minerals Your Body Needs – Looking For Hidden Fats In Foods – Many Digestive Problems Can Be Improved With Diet – Paleo Diet Pros and Cons – Simple Tweaks To Improve Your Eating Habits. – Why Diets Don’t Work