33 Herbs and Spices That Heal
33 Herbs and Spices That Heal:
You probably already know that plant medicine works and that herbs are one of the keys to unlocking good health. What you probably need is a quick and easy list that you can refer to. 33 Herbs and Spices That Heal.
Good news – there’s a list right here. Print it out and stick it on your refrigerator and you’ll never need to think too much about it.
While the list below is relatively comprehensive, you should also do more research in your free time to see what other herbs and spices will benefit you.
1. Anise Hyssop – treats sore throats, fever, and coughs
2. Basil – treats inflammation, benefits skin, aids in digestion and gut health
3. Bay leaf – treats migraines and aids in digestion
4. Borage – increases urination, cleanses the blood, treats depression and flu symptoms
5. Calendula – treats skin irritations and diaper rash, antifungal and antibacterial
6. Chervil – treats gout, high blood pressure, skin maladies, aids digestion
7. Chives – promotes bone health, improves sleep, rich in vitamins
8. Cloves – regulates blood sugar, promotes liver health, prevents stomach ulcers
9. Coriander – aids digestion, regulates cholesterol, improves appetite
10. Cumin – regulates blood sugar levels, fights parasites, helps with weight loss, lowers cholesterol levels
11. Dandelion – combats inflammation, helps regulate blood sugar levels, lowers cholesterol levels
12. Dill – has healing properties, antibacterial, rich in antioxidants
13. Elderberry – aids in cardiovascular health, boosts the immune system, reduces stress and inflammation
14. Fennel – improves eyesight, purifies blood, treats constipation and water retention
15. Garlic – reduces cholesterol levels, lowers blood pressure, antibacterial, anti-parasitic, purifies the blood
16. Ginger – prevents gum disease, aids digestion, prevents nausea, reduces pain
17. Hawthorn – prevents hair loss, lowers blood pressure, reduces inflammation, improves heart health
18. Hibiscus – improves liver health, rich in antioxidants, lowers blood pressure
19. Lemon balm – helps with sleep, treats anxiety and depression
20. Marjoram – calms nerves, treats flu symptoms, helps with gall bladder issues
21. Nutmeg – detoxifies the body, improves blood circulation and brain health, boosts immunity, prevents insomnia
22. Oregano – treats cramps and aches, regulates blood sugar and cholesterol levels, manages diabetes risks
23. Paprika – prevents hair loss, treats insomnia, promotes skin health and good digestion
24. Parsley – fights cancer, improves bone health, rich in antioxidants
25. Peppermint – treats inflammation and headaches, freshens breath, treats asthma and nausea
26. Rosemary – reduces stress, improves concentration, treats muscle pains and indigestion
27. Sage – prevents inflammation, improves skin health
28. Tarragon – improves appetite, promotes good sleep, reduces water retention,
29. Thyme – can be used as a diuretic, treats sore throat and bad breath
30. Tulsi – treats arthritis and gastrointestinal issues that regulate blood pressure levels
31. Valerian – treats menstrual cramps and insomnia, reduces aches and pains and anxiety
32. Violet – treats coughs and purifies the blood
33. Yarrow – treats hemorrhoids and spider veins improve brain health and combat inflammation
And there you have it! 33 herbs and spices you can add in your diet to improve your health.
It’s important to note that you should also exercise regularly and be on a clean diet to get the full benefits of these herbs and spices.
Spend some time researching how you’ll include the spices in your cooking and how to make herbal teas with the herbs mentioned above. From there, it’s just a matter of consuming a few of them daily.
You must log in to post a comment.